Companies need to adapt to rapidly changing environments and increase predictability of their hardware, software, and integration. Above all, companies must respond to increasingly demanding requirements from clients to ensure the safety of the people who are in contact with their products.
This is the reason why RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Mobility, Safety) has become an essential branch of engineering. It is applicable to various industries, from biomedical to railway and automotive. Companies today require top of the line products to have all the specifications they need, but with a particular focus on safety.
Together with Risk and Safety, RAMS ensures a product is compliant with the initial design level and that is it as safe as possible.
Benefits of RAMS
When engaging a RAMS system, the product become compliant with process, quality, and safety standards, which benefits companies and their client.
Key benefits of RAMS, Risk and Safety analysis:
- Improved quality for software, systems, and processes
- Improved predictability and an efficient R&D process
- Increased complexity in norm-based processes (ISO 26262, A-SPICE etc.)
- Timely detection of bugs and process holes
- Reduced cost of manufacturing
- Safer and efficient manufacturing processes through itemization
- Reduced miscommunication, confusion, or mistakes for optimized operations
Our experts apply various aspects of RAMS such as concept & feasibility studies, system safety risk analyses, design analyses and SIL & ASIL verification, validation, maintenance, and training throughout the whole engineering lifecycle.
At Amaris we can support you through our full range of services, including:
- Certification support
- Safety assessment
- Safety engineering
- Hazard analysis
- Functional analysis
- Fault tree analysis
- Failure mode and effect analysis, including all its variants: System FMEA, DFMEA, FMECA, FMEDA for safety-relevant systems and PFMEA
- Software risk analysis
At Amaris, we have experience of RAMS in multiple industries, including automotive, railways, industrial and agricultural. Get in touch with us to know our full spectrum of Engineering services Click Here.